Schedule and Details:
The Art In Public Places Program supports LAA member artists who choose to show and sell their work in the following venues. Members may sign up in the Fall for the following calendar year. Click here to view 2017 Schedule.
All artists display art at their own risk, neither LAA nor the venues are responsible for the safety of your art. Please follow AIPP Guidelines if you are interested in this program. Click here to view AIPP Guidelines.
Please contact Kerry Nelson to sign up or for more information.
- Click here to download the ID tag for the AIPP program.
- Click here to read the instructions on how to use the ID Tag.
- Bittersweet Cafe and Confections, 836 Main Street, Louisville. (303-317-5522).
The art hangs in 3 rooms, with space for approximately 16 larger and 12 smaller works. The sales are handled by the artist. 1-2 artists hang for two months at a times.
- Blue Parrot, 640 Main Street, Louisville (303-666-0677)
Art hangs in two different eating areas and in the hallway entering one of them. 11 pieces. Hang after 3:00 pm. Ask about the hooks designated for LAA. Two-month rotation.
- DANA Music, 901 Front St., Suite B150. (303 974 5586) contact, Katie McClave.
This is a working music studio near the Art Underground. They participate in the Friday Art Walks and are on the map. 2 artists would share the hall space for 16 medium to large paintings for a 2 month rotation. The artist needs to sign an MOU ( Memorandum of Understanding) which can be obtained from, the office manager, Erwin
- Cannon Mine Coffee, 210 S. Public Rd., Lafayette
1 - 2 artists, 18 - 20 pieces for two months at a time.
- Louisville Chamber of Commerce 901 Main Street, Louisville (303-666-5747)
Art hangs at the reception desk area. 5 pieces, mostly medium sized (e.g., 16 X 20 framed), some can be small. Two-month rotation.
- Louisville City Hall, 749 Main Street, Louisville. (303-335-4533) Dawn Burgess, assistant to the City Manager
Art hangs on one wall on the second floor. 10 pieces depending on size. One-month rotation.
- Louisville Police Station Lobby, 922 Via Appia, Louisville.
In the Police Lobby 5 pieces will hang. Two-month rotation. The lobby is open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday.
- Louisville Recreation Center, 800 West Via Appia, Louisville. (303-666-7400)
Art hangs on the large main wall on the left side as you enter the building. Three artists show at a time. Each artist may use 5 vertical wires (more than one piece can hang on a wire), one-month rotation. Please note that this schedule is varied because of other prescheduled events at the Rec Center.
- Louisville Public Library
2D art is hung on 2 walls and small 3D pieces may be displayed in the glass case. Click here to look at the glass cases and their measurements. Up to 3 artists may show up to about 20 pieces. Each artist must complete a library application form prior to exhibiting here. LAA artists have the library venue every other month for a one-month show.
Exhibitors encouraged to arrange for a reception (contact Kerry Nelson for information about this). 1-2 artists hang for two months at a time. All work will be juried in. If interested, contact Kerry Nelson to start jurying process.